Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First American Nickname

Yesterday when I went to pick up Alex at "school," his teacher told me that all of the children had been calling him Chicken Man and he was answering to it. She asked if there was a meaning behind it and if we called him that at home. Nope! I finally got Alex to explain that he was "chomping" and chasing the other kids and one little boy started calling him Chicken Man. I just asked and no one called him Chicken Man today. :-)

Today as we were leaving his classroom, a little girl grabbed Alex and gave him a big hug. He says her name is Calla, but then he says he doesn't know. I asked him if she is his girlfriend and he says, NO!

We have a new routine at night. After Alex gets his bath, he likes for me to hold him in my arms until he is about to fall asleep. He tells me every night, "sleep in mommy's arms." It is so sweet.

As I type this, Alex is riding around the den in his little car, telling me that he is going to the beach. He is ready for me to go with him. He decided that he had to go to the bathroom before he leaves for the beach and as he went into the bathroom, he said, "I love you more!"

Have I said lately that I love being his Mama?

Love to all,

R & T & A

No comments: