Sunday, February 28, 2010

Moving Right Along

We had two great visits with A yesterday. It was very cold, so we stayed inside and played in the playroom - which is a long hall filled with windows, benches, swings, small rope gym, playhouses, rocking horses and large pull-toy trucks. A went running to another family who was visiting and Tim ran after him trying to intercept him and they both took a tumble. Tim got the worst of it, falling on the concrete floor. They are both fine. A and the other family got a good laugh out of it.

The other family is adopting a little boy from the same group plus a sibling who is in another city. They are from Spain and even though we speak different languages, we can communicate somewhat. It is funny when we take the boys back at the same time because we are all saying bye-bye, chow and paka-paka.

In the morning, we were afraid that A was sick because he was so much calmer than usual. He was all snuggles and just wanted to look at books, play with his machina (car) and be tickled. A little tickle can change his mood in a heartbeat and helps when he has a meltdown.

When it was time to go back to his groupa, he did not want to go and did his little "I'm not going to walk" trick. Tim just picked him up, tickled him and along we went. He was so sweet when we got back upstairs - giving hugs and kisses without being asked or told to.

During our afternoon visit, we went outside and spent about 1 1/2 hours. It was cold and they did not take the group out, so we had lots of time just to ourselves. A is much calmer when there is not a big group.

The cold weather yesterday took a toll on me and my joints are aching today, plus sinuses are bothering me. So, we slept in and will not visit this morning, but will visit for a while this afternoon. It is hard to visit with him for 2 1/2 hours every evening because it is colder outside and it gets dark before we can get back to the apartment.

I will upload and post photos of the apartment later.

We are taking lots of photos of the orphanage for everyone to see because it is so nice. This is not what we expected after seeing photos of the ones our church visits out in the village and after our visit to the special needs orphanage in Kharkiv. We are quite impressed. The caregivers are so loving to the children and the children are so good and sweet to the caregivers.

Well - my sweet husband just finished cooking some brunch, so I will get off and have a bite to eat.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support.


R & T & A


David and Susan said...

Take lots of pictures..I can't wait to see them. I know you will be ready for family and friends and good food. Take care.

MamaPoRuski said...

Praying for strength for you for the rest of the journey, and health! I don't envy your masterbed! I thank God every morning I awake in my sleep number bed at home! HUGS for you!

Tim & Rita said...

Almost a year later, I want to update that the little boy who was also in the adoption process was going to Italy. There was also a Spanish couple there, who went home for three weeks until their court date and we only got to know them during our last few days.