Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Updated dossier on it's way

Our updated dossier left for Ukraine yesterday! I haven't had a chance to track it yet, but from past experience, I would say it is in France.

Today I found out from my HR department that I will have to take a personal leave until the adoption is approved. Then, when I get home, I file for FMLA. That gives me 12 weeks from the time of adoption. Although I will not take the full twelve after we return, it is good to know that I have that much time if I need more time with the child(ren) to help adjust or if they need medical attention.

Today at work, I developed a training calendar for the PRN staff member who is going to fill in for part of my job while we are gone. She will do the staffing coordinator portion of my job. She will have three weeks of training and I am anxious for her because it seems old hat to me by now because I have been the only one in the position since we opened. Everything has been developed by either my DNO or myself and I hope I can get her trained and that she will feel confident to fill in. I just don't want to overwhelm her. It is not like she can pick up the phone and call me at the drop of a hat if something goes wrong!

I am still excited and scared. It is difficult going in with so many unknowns. But - we know that we are following God's will for us and that He will guide us in all that we do - we just have to be sure to let Him lead and to follow where He takes us.

Updates as we get them.....

Love,
R & T

No comments: