Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Time Next Year

Yesterday, we dressed in costumes for work. We actualy had 25-30 folks dress up and that is awesome for our hospital! We had: Big Mama (who lost her little puppy) - hilarious, 2 clowns, 2 witches, Three Blind Mice, the evil queen, Cat in the Hat, Beatleguise, hippy, rock star, hillbilly (me), flapper, bad angel & Greek goddess (twin sisters), cowgirls, army man, goddess of love, etc. We had the best time and so did our patients who voted in the costume contest.

This time next year, I will be putting my energy into my child(ren)'s costume, not my own. Such a great feeling. I can hardly wait!

We also had a small, baking sized pumpkin decorating contest. Our staff showed out! We gave pumpkins to each department/shift and the only rule was that they could not carve them. The winner was "Reggie Rehab" from the therapy department. They took children's overalls and placed them on a quad cane for stability, stuffed them and had the pumpkin as his head. They even made a little walker for him! Too cute.

I just love all of the fall events and can't wait to share them with our child(ren)! We don't necessarily celebrate Halloween, but we do enjoy the Fall Festival activities.

Eagerly awaiting this time next year,

R & T

1 comment:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

What a sobering thought! I can't wait until you are able to post the pics from your baby/ies 1st halloween. Ours was magical. I know yours will be too!