Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Easter Photos and Alex update

I love this photo that my best friend took at our church's Easter Eggstravaganza!





Buzzed head




Last Saturday, we met two of my best friends in Anderson for lunch at Olive Garden. On the way home to drop my BFF off at her house, Alex got gum all over his clothes and the car seat. I told him NOT TO TAKE THE GUM OUT OF HIS MOUTH AGAIN! Not even half way home, I heard, "Mama I got it in my hair." Not only did he put gum in his hair, it was in the middle of his bangs and twisted in. I have him the riot act all the way home and tried to comb it out, but it hurt too bad and his hair was breaking. So...his daddy buzzed his hair. Alex cried and I cried. I think little boys with buzz cuts are so cute! But, I wanted his hair to stay longer because his hair was buzzed when he was at the baby house and I just loved it when it grew out. But, after all of that, I think he is very handsome and it will be terrific for the beach.




Alex with Granma and Kass on the train at the Eggstravaganza


Kass is the godson of my BFF's sister and he is also 4 years old. They don't get to spend much time together, but they play so well together and have just loved each other from the beginning.



Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


Last year, Alex would not go on the slide, but this year, he had no fear! He did all of the activities with the exception of face painting. He would not do that for anything.




I have an egg!


Last year, the three year-olds were not allowed assistance with the hunt. My baby did not know what to do. He stood there looking so lost and he picked up an egg and handed it to another little boy. This year, we practiced! Parents were allowed to help this year, but after practicing and being reassured that he knew the drill, I didn't try to help Alex. He did find one egg - only one egg - and he dropped it out of his bucket and Kass picked it up and gave it back to him. At some point, he lost the egg and sweet Kass shared with him. I think he was in awe of all the children running and grabbing eggs. He still had fun though.



Alex moved up to K4 class on Monday. He loves his new class and it seems that he is busy all day. They have lots of animals in his new class and he loves Ms. Judy and Ms. Brittany. He gets to play on the big boy playground and has had three good days so far. :-)



This week, he has also started eating more. Hopefully since his tonsillectomy, his appetite will improve. He still doesn't weigh 35 pounds, but he is growing taller by the minute! We got him a new swimsuit this week and it is a 3T and too big. I am afraid it will fall down when it gets wet, so I am going to exchange it for a 2T if they have one like it. It has hammerhead sharks on it and they are his favorite, so it they have the same one, I will exchange it. If not, I will get him another one and save the 3T for next year.

Yesterday I took Alex by work to visit with my two Ukrainian friends who are nurses. They are both named Irina. They wanted to meet him and speak with him in Russian. I am not sure all they said to him, but it made him sad. He did nod once and shake his head once, but he was withdrawn and when I asked him, he said that it made him sad. He said that he does miss Ukraine sometimes - especially his favorite nannie, Inna. But, he is glad that his Mama and Daddy came to Ukraine to get him and he doesn't want to go back to live, but he will go back sometime with his Mama and Daddy. He even said it is OK that he was sad because he has his Mama and Daddy and he is happy. My sweet boy!

We go to the beach soon and I am counting down the days! I really need a vacation from work and can't wait for Alex to get to play in the ocean and the "big pool" with the zero entry. Lounge chair and sunshine, here I come.



I will update on the children for adoption at Alex's baby house soon. There has been a lot of activity since my last update! The best news out of the baby house is that Vera's family has their SDA appointment on June 2nd.



Love to all,



R & T & A














1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, that pic of him coming down the slide with his little feet in the air is adorable! He's such a cute little boy!