Sunday, October 11, 2009

Joy Boxes

While we were at Myrtle Beach, it dawned on us that we had heard nothing about the Joy Boxes that our church usually does for the Ukraine orphans. Last year, we shopped for the contents while we were at the beach. Today, as we walked in - there were the boxes!

The boxes have a very special meaning to me. Years ago, my mom brought a VHS tape to me from a lady she worked with. It was a tape of their church delivering the Joy Boxes to the Ukraine orphanages. The precious little children broke my heart. I wanted to go there at that very moment and bring all of the children home! The Joy Boxes that we send each year are delivered by the members of the same church that made the tape that I saw.

Last year Rice Memorial Baptist did boxes for teens, as we will be doing again this year. I will always remember the joy on the teen's faces when they got combs, deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste.

Things that we take for granted are treasures to these children. And to Tim and me, the child(ren) that we adopt from Ukraine will truly be a treasure.

When we began visiting at Rice, I was very excited to learn that their primary mission work is in Ukraine! I know that God led us to Rice and that this is all His will that things are working out as they should per His will.

So while we complete paperwork - for hopefully, the last time - fill some Joy Boxes, continue our Rosetta Stone program, pray for all the orphans of Ukraine and pray for our child(ren) and their caregivers.

Love to all,

R & T

No comments: