Sunday, June 13, 2010

Has it really been two weeks?

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I posted on the blog. We have been so busy!

Alex starts "school" tomorrow and I go back to work. Week before last, we ran errands and tried to get everything done before our beach trip - haircuts, vaccinations, records to the nursery, etc.

Last Saturday, we headed for our annual family beach trip - minus a few family members :-(.
Cousin Reid graduated on 6-4-10 - exactly 26 years to the date that his dad, mom and I graduated. We knew he wouldn't go with us - thinking he would go with his buddies. He made the American Legion Post 20 Baseball team and had to stay in town to play and practice. Cousin Jordan made the all-star baseball team and had the district tournament this week, so he and Aunt Nanci had to stay behind also, as well as Cousin Joshua. I am proud to announce that Jordan's team won the district and will be playing again next week for the region, I believe.

Alex was a trooper on the four hour ride to Myrtle Beach. He didn't even take a nap, but rode well. He does not have to be kept occupied. He is happy to play a little and mostly look out the window at the scenery and for horses.

Alex really didn't care for the ocean. The night that we got there, he told me, "Alex no like the ocean." Tim took him out twice, but he never would put his feet down. He did like seeing the fish swimming around and built a sandcastle once, but preferred to spend time in the "big pool" at our timeshare or in the lazy river/zero entry pool at our neighboring hotel where we have privileges.

We went to the aquarium and he really liked the stingrays and the scuba man who gave him a high five through the tank glass. He was amazed by the sharks swimming overhead, but we could not get him to pet the horseshoe crabs or the stingrays.

We went to Broadway at the Beach one evening to meet some friends and he loved feeding the carp and seeing the baby ducks in the lagoon. He rode rides for the first time ever and we were shocked that he went right on and even rode most by himself. He did cry and pitch a little fit when we tried to put him back in the stroller to walk on around the walkways.

Thank you for the prayers for my friend, Michelle who adopted three beautiful kiddos from Alex's orphanage. Their 10-day wait was waived and they were able to go to Ukraine and return in three weeks. Their new son will be going to St. Judes on Monday for a consultation for treatment for Leukemia. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

I will post some photos later. Blogger is not cooperating right now.

It is back to work tomorrow. I will try to keep posting weekly.

R & T & A

No comments: