Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fingerprints Done!

We left home at 7:00 am on Saturday and arrived at the processing center at 9:15 am for our 10:00 am appointment. There weren't many cars there, so we went on in at 9:20. We had to complete a form and then were taken straight back for our fingerprints. They got Tim's right off, but had a problem with one of my "pinky" fingers because it is bent. I noticed about a month ago that I cannot straighten it completely. I know...I am getting old.

Anyway, we were finished and out of there by 9:45. We headed back to Gaffney to hit the Prime Outlets and hit the storm about the time we got there. We shopped a little and then headed home. We got home around 2:00 pm, just when the hard rain hit here and the thunder and lightening followed about 30 minutes later.

We are still waiting on my passport which I applied for on 02/25/09. Tim applied about a week earlier and receives his about a week ago, so it should be here any day now.

After that, we just have to mail those copies to INS and then wait for their response from that and the fingerprinting, etc.

We have been tossing some names around, but nothing settled yet. We will most likely follow what most people do and give the child(ren) and American first name and keep their Ukrainian name as the middle name.

Will update when something new comes along.

In my last post I asked for prayer for Cornethia and Jim Bob as they were going to their 3rd referral. They are applying to adopt the 7 year old boy & 8 year old girl that they met at that referral. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.


God bless

No comments: