Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Decorations and Sad Reminiscing

Alex's Tree
Our home - Christmas 2011
Front Door Wreath
Tim's Star Trek tree
Family Tree - my mom made the tree skirt and stockings years ago!
Mantel - new decorations this year. I love it!

Twice lately, Alex has cried for the children left behind at the Baby House. He says that he misses them and that he wants them to have all his toys, all his books, etc. He also said that he never wants to go back there. We have reassured him that he will never have to live at the Baby House again and that Mama and Daddy are sending clothes, toys, etc. back there.

Alex had never said anything about this until we did the Joy Boxes to send to the Baby House. I think he has matured to the point that he realizes how blessed he is to have a family and a home of his own. It hurts so bad to see him this way because he is having the same thoughts and emotions that I experienced when we returned from Ukraine. I had problems sleeping because I would wake in the middle of the night with the children on my mind. Please pray for our son to find peace in his heart. We love that he is kind and tender-hearted, but it hurts us so much to see him upset and hurting.

Meanwhile, we got all of our Christmas decorations done this weekend. I had the brilliant idea that we, (meaning me), needed to redo all of the bows on our decorations. This was quite a task. Over the past several days, I made 25 bows - most of them today. Alex has his own tree in his room and he helped Daddy decorate outside yesterday and today. Hope you enjoy the photos.

By the way....Sasha the Elf is back to report Alex's behavior to Santa. Stay tuned for those updates.

Love to all,

R & T & A

1 comment:

Aaron & Elizabeth said...

My husband would love the star trek tree! He hasn't really introduced star trek to Daniel yet but I'm sure it will be a natural progression since Daniel is so into star wars. Our kids too can go months without mentioning their groupa and then out of no where they will feel sad for the kids left behind. Can't believe how much Alex has grown. Merry Christmas!