Monday, January 10, 2011

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Our sweet boy

Daddy and Alex with their snowman - Alex is about to throw a snowball at Mama.

Our house in the snow...notice Alex beside the steps. He wanted a picture with "my home." So glad he has a home to call his own.



Our crazy family!


Mama and Alex


Down the hill. He looks so small.


Alex and Daddy trying the sled


It began snowing last night. This time, Alex is not sick and got to play!
Tim took me to work. The car lot was closed. The nursery was closed.
The roads were not very bad as it was pure, beautiful snow. I measured in our courtyard at work and at 10am, we had 5.5 inches of snow.

Tim took Alex out this morning and they started a snowman, but the snow was too soft to complete it. They also tried to use the sled, but it was too fluffy for that too.

Before lunch, the snow turned to sleet, so it was fluffy snow with a crunchy, icy cover.
I went in early and skipped lunch, so I left around 3:30. When we got home, we all went outside and played in the snow. Tim finished the snowman and Alex and I played with the sled, threw snowballs and took pictures. I tried to show Alex how to make a snow angel, but the crunchy, icy topping on the snow made it impossible. We had so much fun!


Don't know if we will make it in tomorrow. I doubt that the nursery will be open. We will just have to see what tomorrow brings.

So glad we got a good snow this year. It brings back lots of memories from our time in Ukraine last winter.

Love,
R & T & A















No comments: